Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Watching the Drama Unfold

Being a Lector has brought me closer to God.  It's not the scripture readings per se.  It's the physical closeness of being in the sanctuary.  In my parish, the lector processes in and recesses out and remains in the sanctuary during the entire Mass.

Watching the dramatic actions taking place right before my very eyes have made me realize what is really going on during Mass.  When I sit in the pews I sometimes get bored and start daydreaming.  I look around and see people that look like they're consciously participating in the Mass. Why can't I?  Why do I only get involved when I an next to the altar?  How do people do it when they sit in the last pew?

It's a constant struggle that I pray to resolve.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...