Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2019

Cold Everything

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carre was a book club recommendation.  Only I can't find which book club.  I think it was an online club.  Why did I read this book? 

I don't know, but it was good enough to hold my interest.  There were twists near the end.  I was surprised, then surprised again, then maybe not.  That was a clever twist in the plot.  It was the characterization that puzzled me.  There wasn't one character that I liked.  They didn't seem human.  But this is a spy novel. Maybe spied can't have emotions or feel the way normal human beings do.  They were cold people. 

BTW, a spy came in from the cold when he was leaving the job.  His service with the organization was ended.  He retired.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...