Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Whisper in the Wind

Guest post by my "cloistered brother," Mick.

The Whisper In the Wind

Walked into the house of hallowed ground, a small place of peace in the walls of hell.  Where pain has its own story to tell...  The gentle voice of everlasting, quietly it sang to me.  In that place of darkness "Come Home" was whispered in the wind.  give to me your heavy heart and I will give to you a brand new start...  With fear, with shame, my spirit's crippled, my soul is lame.  It's hard to believe I can be whole again...  Speak to me my son.  I already know what you've done, step into the light, let the Father's healing light finish what you've just begun...  With thanks, with joy, like a child with a brand new toy, I sing and dance, laugh, and shout, be glad for the chance, to hear the Lord of the dance, Whisper in the wind...

* from MEK's Pencil in the Hole p. 5

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...