Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Planning Meeting

My salsa was a hit.  Actually, it was Fred's recipe.  I'll have to tell him that the Woman's Club loved his salsa.

I guess the planning part went OK.  I had everything all planned.  The meeting was just for me to tell the Board of Directors what I was doing.  Only it didn't work out that way.  I'm not quite doing what I wanted to.  Changes were made.

This reminded me of teaching.  My favorite part of teaching is lesson planning.  The worst part of teaching is teaching the kids.  Most of the time, the kids didn't stick to my plan.  And the younger the kids were, the more my well thought out plans had to change.

Grrr-rrr-rrrr-rrrr

I don't like democracy.  I'm more of a benevolent dictator.  Now I have to carry out ideas, I don't believe in.  We're planning a wine tasting, a craft, a day of recollection, pot luck dinner and a movie night.  The fund raising elicited the most discussion.  We decided to have one bake sale, a fund raiser with a local store, a plant sale, and a Christmas ornament sale.

This year is going to be full of good ideas.

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...