Search This Blog

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Duped


Jeremiah 20: 7-9  You duped me, O Lord, and I let myself be duped...

This reading shows Jeremiah doing what he doesn't want to do.  He can't help himself.  He finds himself preaching because he's compelled to talk about the Lord.

I envy Jeremiah.  It's not the job of being a prophet, I envy.  It's the certainty that he's doing God's will.  I usually find myself doing some boring, distasteful task because I felt "called" to it.  I think it's Satan that has duped me.

If so, let Satan laugh at me.  My intention was to do God's will, and it's the intention that God considers.

Black Masking Indians

 The church, St. Augustine, is the oldest Black Catholic parish in the United States, located in Treme, Louisianna.  Tremé is the oldest Afr...