Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Here it Comes. Ready or Not!

Sunday, yesterday, my family celebrated my birthday.  This means Christmas is coming in a few weeks.  That's my calendar; not advent, not Gregorian   The world marches around my birthday.

Anyway, yesterday, when I was changing the bed, I sprained the paraspinal muscles in my back.  I was lifting the mattress and stretching the fitted sheet over it, when lightning stabbed me across my waist.  If I had the strength to call for help, I would have.  I just stayed bent over and painstakingly (stress pain) inched to a sitting position.

Since then, I'm wearing an ice pack/fanny pack.  I'm still in my pajamas.  I'm on muscle relaxants. And I've nothing to do but look at all that I need/should/want, to do.

If anything falls to the floor, it stays there.  Standing is the most comfortable position.  I can sit, but getting to a standing, to a sitting position, is what causes pain (like going on a toilet).

The mailman has just brought my first Christmas cards, and a Christmas present.  I have cards to write, too.  Shopping to do.  Baking to do.  And I haven't put away the birthday celebrations and presents, yet.

...and all I feel like doing is crying.

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...