Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Pray like a Pirate

A stereotypical caricature of a pirate.Image via Wikipedia


Tonight my two favorite seminarians from Methuen, MA came to Mass.  Chris Wallace and David Napoli gave a Lenten reflection following the Mass.  Chris taught us how to pray like a pirate (ARRR)!

A - acknowledge     Who is God and you are His child

R - relate                 God wants a relationship with you
R - receive               God's grace
R - respond             answer in love

Cute, huh?  Sometimes that eye patch hinders my seeing this.  And sometimes that hook on my hand hurts people.  And sometimes my peg leg makes me curse.  But, Arrr   God is my treasure.

Prayer develops a relationship between God and myself, which He desires very much.  
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...