Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2026

The Theater is Closed

 It’s the end of an era. I am discarding the Puppet Show. My youngest grandchild is twelve years old and doesn’t come over my house—I don’t have to babysit, anymore. Although she currently is in Theater Camp, so maybe she’ll be in her own show. 

I used the theater to explain Bible stories. We made sock puppets. I remember the carpet got soaked, when Moses divided the sea. 

The other lesson plan I remember, although it didn’t involve the puppets, was the story of David and Goliath. I made a giant figure of a man and stuck it to a door. (Picture “pin the tail on the donkey”).  I don’t remember what we used as stones, but I remember we used our Covid masks, as sling shots. 

Oh well!  Time marches on and children grow up. I pray they learned about their religion and had fun doing so. 




No comments:

The Theater is Closed

 It’s the end of an era. I am discarding the Puppet Show. My youngest grandchild is twelve years old and doesn’t come over my house—I don’t ...