Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

People Can Change

 Of course, people can change.  Thanks be to God.  I am not the stupid, shy, silly, twenty-something year old, I once was.  Nor, is Damon West, the stupid, arrogant, self-important, jock, he once was.  I'm talking about the book, The Change Agent, by Damon West.

Damon was spoiled.  Success in athletics gave him confidence and a big ego.  He became involved in drugs.  It was cool and fun.  Until it wasn't.

He got sucked in and became a crook.  The usual story that I hear in my prison ministry.  No one thinks that addiction will happen to them.  

No one is immune.

Fortunately, like my "cloistered brothers," Jesus had Damon's back.  Damon knew he had veered off the religious road and worked to get back on it.  He kept on it and continues keeping himself on the straight path.  

I love how his parents never gave up on him.  That's important.  When he was released from prison, his parents picked him up and brought him home.  They had even kept up his driver's license, while he was incarcerated.  That alone, exemplifies hope.  

If you enjoy stories about people who change their lives, The Change Agent, is for you.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...