Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Ratzinger's Theology

 Don't go by my judgement in giving "The Thought of Pope Benedict XVI" by Aidan Nichols, op, four stars. I'm a simple old lady, a lay person, with no theological background. With that in mind, there is no way that I understood all that Benedict XVI was teaching, or what Father Nichols was explaining. What I got, I enjoyed. I took my time and grasped the general account of Benedict's thinking. I now understand Benedict's times--his background and a sense of the historical formation that trained his feelings, understandings, and writings.

This is a book of Benedict XVI's writings. Father Nichols situates his thoughts with the historical times. I enjoyed Nichol's presentation of this historical pope. Anyone who wants to understand Benedict should read this book, like I did--carefully.


No comments:

Hockey Playoffs