Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Loving the Word

 

LECTIO:

Responsorial Psalm

R. (1b) Blessed are they who follow the law of the Lord!
Blessed are they whose way is blameless,
who walk in the law of the LORD.
Blessed are they who observe his decrees,
who seek him with all their heart.
R. Blessed are they who follow the law of the Lord!
You have commanded that your precepts
be diligently kept.
Oh, that I might be firm in the ways
of keeping your statutes!
R. Blessed are they who follow the law of the Lord!
Be good to your servant, that I may live
and keep your words.
Open my eyes, that I may consider
the wonders of your law.
R. Blessed are they who follow the law of the Lord!
Instruct me, O LORD, in the way of your statutes,
that I may exactly observe them.
Give me discernment, that I may observe your law
and keep it with all my heart.
R. Blessed are they who follow the law of the Lord!

STUDIUM:

Psalm 119 is arranged in an acrostic pattern. There are 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet, and this psalm contains 22 units of 8 verses each. Each of the 22 sections is given a letter of the Hebrew alphabet, and each line in that section begins with that letter. 
       This psalm is the longest of the 150 psalms and wasn't composed in one sitting.  It is a famous psalm about God's Word.  Look how often the palmist refers to God's Word, i.e., law, statues, words, precepts, and decrees. 

MEDITATIO:

This psalm is perfect for Dominicans and lovers of the Word.  Just about every verse sings praise for God's voice.

ORATIO:

Lord Jesus, I love You and Your Word.

CONTEMPLATIO:

Holy Spirit, open my eyes, so I may hear You.

RESOLUTIO:

I promise to read scripture every day. 


1 comment:

Mary Idama said...

If you are a true child of God, you will never agreed to do evil, because your heart cannot bear it any more, you love to do what is right always, you don't want God's present to live your life. To enjoy God's present is to be holy every day.

Sisterhood

  Sisterhood Two girls, who like to play sisters. Both wear different headscarves. One is a hijab. One is a tichel. Will we grow old? Will w...