Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Dying Alone

"I came in alone.  I'll go out alone."  Many same this, especially "lifers."  People doing life in prison often reflect on their death.  I guess everyone does.  I know I do.  I've had a few serious illnesses and wondered if that was how I was going to die.  But dying in prison really is a lonely proposition.  Of course, there's no family around you and there's a good chance you won't even have friends around to support and pray for you.

This article by Father MacRae describes the fear.  http://thesestonewalls.com/gordon-macrae/darryll-bifano-currency-debt-mercy/

I'm glad to see hospice come into the prison system.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...