Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Mystery Plant

When I was weeding my garden this morning, I came across a strange looking "growth."  See picture.

I tried pulling it out.  I couldn't; it was strong.  In my experience, if it's a vegetable or flower, it falls out easily.  If it's a weed, like a dandelion, then it has strong roots and is difficult to pull out.  So it must be a weed, right?  

It is pretty.  Here's another picture of another little one, just sprouting.

Maybe I'll ask around to see if anyone can identify it.  Meanwhile, I thought I'd dig up the "thing" and pot it.  It's pretty. I was going to bring it inside and keep it as a plant.  

But when I dug it up, I saw that the plant was growing out of a rock--a big rock. 

Wait a minute.  I remembered that hubby told me he planted potatoes.  I bet he put a potato with rooted eyes in the garden and this is what this plant is. You are supposed to cut up the potato and plant the eyes, not a whole potato.  Wait till I tell him.


No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...