Search This Blog

Monday, January 29, 2018

Favorites

There are many times where I thank God for being in the twenty-first century, i.e., internet, cell phones, etc..  But it occurred to me this morning, as I read Genesis, that the concept of propriety and sensibility was extremely different. 

Imagine how everyone in the family must have felt about the firstborn. How would you have felt if you were Leah on the morning after, when Jacob found out you weren't Leah's sister?  No matter what Leah did, it was never enough.  Didn't you feel sorry for Hagar?  Think of all the trouble Jacob's favoring Joseph caused.

Sure I acknowledge that it is part of being human to have preferences.  But I like to think that today we are kinder.  We try not to hurt people's feelings.  We try to be fair.

Don't we?

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...