Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2015

I Deserve Hell

Fra Angelico's Mocking of Jesus

Were it not for the gifts of hope and Holy Spirit, I think I would have lost the will to live.  Saint Louis de Montfort is killing me.

I have passed the halfway point, in St. Louis de Montfort's True Devotion Consecration to Mary. This is five weeks of prayers, daily meditations, and spiritual guidance.  I have learned that I am: " ... more vile than unclean animals...more gluttonous than hogs...lazier than tortoises...weaker than reeds...more capricious than peacocks...more maggot ridden than swill...".  You get the idea?

So do I and I'm sick to death of it.

But I've made the commitment to do this consecration and I will do it.

I would not recommend Saint Louis de Montfort's Consecration to anyone.  Looking at it in my times, from my culture, de Montfort is crazy.  He has a dark nature.  He's sadistic, insulting, negative, and neurotic.   But since I'm faithful to the point of stupidity, I'll finish de Montfort's book.  Take notice though; I'm writing my own consecration.  I'll post it on this blog for Lent.  I promise you it'll be quick and easy.  You'll be able to do it while stopped at traffic lights.  You will fall in love with Mary and her Son.  Also, you will love yourself because God made you in His image, and He is Love.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...