Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Ask Away

Bishop Fulgentius of Ruspe, in this morning's Reading for the Thursday in the Second Week in Ordinary Time, explains why Catholics often end their prayers with "through Jesus Christ, your Son, our Lord."

Through the mystery of the Incarnation, Jesus Christ became man, the mediator of God and man...This then is the reason why we offer prayer to God our Father, but through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The good bishop talks about the exalted position we should place Jesus.  He is the great High Priest.  He became an offering for us, to the Father.  But I have a better reason for ending my prayers with "through Jesus Christ, your Son, our Lord."  Jesus told us to.  Read John 14:13.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...