Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2026

Orchiectomy

 Yes, I'm still here.  I confess my only excuse is laziness.  Plus, I was attempting to write a short story for a contest in the Lamp.  It's terrible!!!  I would be embarrassed to submit it.  However, I will post it here, after I catch up on telling you what been going on in my monkey brain, and some books I've read.  

First, I need to tell you something I learned about one of our early church fathers, Origen.  Origen lived 

AI Overview

Origen of Alexandria (c. 185–253 AD) was an early Christian theologian, biblical scholar, and ascetic whose vast writings—estimated between 2,000 and 6,000 works—

Note his birth date, 185 A.D.  This was when the church was just learning to stand.  His father, Leonidas, was a martyr.  When Origen was teaching, he was interacting with youth.  To ensure, that no one could ever accuse him of inappropriate sexual behavior, he castrated himself.  

No one could ever accuse him of not being a committed Christian, either!



No comments:

Apocatastasis

 Apocatastasis is a theological theory where at the end of the world everything will be restored to its original state. This idea was around...