Search This Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Will the Real You Stand Up, Please

 Today at a chapter meeting, my "cloistered brothers," were talking about the masks we wear. As children we wear masks to please our parents.  Old children learn to wear different masks: for teachers, for friends, and parents.  Teens especially try on different masks: tough guys, nerds, jocks, goths, etc.

In prison, especially, you had better wear the appropriate masks or you will have a miserable life.  But which is the real you?  Are you a conglomerate of all your masks?  

The lone Franciscan in our group, opined.  St. Francis said, "I am what I am."

The Dominicans jumped in with a laugh and said, Popeye said that.  I y'am what I y'am.  




No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...