Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Psychologically Thrilling

 The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides is riveting.  I read it in two nights--maybe six hours.  I couldn't put it down and I never guessed the ending.  

The idea is that a woman murdered her husband and stopped speaking.  She's in an insane asylum and a psychotherapist tries to heal her. He gives it his all, including doing things he shouldn't.  But everybody in that hospital is doing stuff they shouldn't. 

It's her diary that tells background information that fills in the plot.  At first, I thought she was being gaslighted.  But by whom?  Her husband is dead.  The doctors?  Why?

I didn't know whether to believe her or not.  If her diary was reality, then she was stalked and her husband was a victim of crime.  But she was crazy, or was she?






No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...