Search This Blog

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Between Times

 LECTIO;

Colossians 3:1-4

So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth,

for you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

When Christ who is your life is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory.

STUDIUM:

This is an exhortation to seek the better things, i.e., Christ.  This is appropriate to say now that Christ has risen.  Don't look to sin in one's old life.  Seek a new and better life.  Keep your eyes on Christ and heaven.  He will come again in glory and now we have something to look forward to.

MEDITATIO:

Jesus certainly is taking His time coming back, but as we've been told, "God's time is not our time."  That's what I don't understand.  Jesus became one of us, didn't He experience impatience?  Surely, He must have wished His death to come quick, but The Father didn't come instantaneously.  He did come.  It wasn't fast enough for me but I'm me, and not God. Now, I've answered my own question.

ORATIO:

Lord, give me patience and prudence.  I hate to wait but it does no good to fret.  You are God, help me to be content with that knowledge.

CONTEMPLATIO:

There is a time to be born and a time to die.

RESOLUTIO:

I need to plant some vegetable seeds in my garden.



No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...