Search This Blog

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Offering It UP


Making these wreaths was an act of penance.  I thought it would be a fun craft to do with my grandchildren.  Nada!  They got bored in five minutes and I was stuck with the chore and it was hard work.  
     The wreaths are straw.  One has loose, long straws.  The other one has tighter straws.  Both were difficult to stab the cloth into, but the looser straws often didn't hold the cloth, and both often spit back the stabbed cloth.
    It took 4 yards of material.  I'd say $ 50.  The wreaths were used before so I didn't have to buy them.  Still.  For $ 50 I could have bought a couple of nice decorations.
    I cut the material with pinking shears and it was very tiresome.  No wonder the grands quit.  It took days to stab the cut material into the wreaths.  Many a time what I stabbed in, bounced back out.  When I thought I was done, I lifted up the wreath and the wreath started to snow down the cloth.
    Ugh.  I kept stabbing until you see what resulted.  I won't keep these wreaths out in the wind.  And I'll take them in, every night.
    This was a penitential offering for sure.  


 

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...