Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Attitude Adjustment

 Lect                          LECTIO:                                                   Sm 16:1b, 6-7, 10-13a

The LORD said to Samuel:
"Fill your horn with oil and be on your way.
I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem,
for I have chosen my king from among his sons."

As Jesse and his sons came to the sacrifice,
Samuel looked at Eliab and thought,
"Surely the LORD's anointed is here before him."
But the LORD said to Samuel:
"Do not judge from his appearance or from his lofty stature,
because I have rejected him.
Not as man sees does God see,
because man sees the appearance
but the LORD looks into the heart."
In the same way Jesse presented seven sons before Samuel,
but Samuel said to Jesse,
"The LORD has not chosen any one of these."
Then Samuel asked Jesse,
"Are these all the sons you have?"
Jesse replied,
"There is still the youngest, who is tending the sheep."
Samuel said to Jesse,
"Send for him;
we will not begin the sacrificial banquet until he arrives here."
Jesse sent and had the young man brought to them.
He was ruddy, a youth handsome to behold
and making a splendid appearance.
The LORD said,
"There—anoint him, for this is the one!"
Then Samuel, with the horn of oil in hand,
anointed David in the presence of his brothers;
and from that day on, the spirit of the LORD rushed upon David.

STUDIUM:

When people judge by outward appearance, they may overlook
people who lack the particular qualities society currently popularize.  
Appearance doesn't show what people are really like or how upright
they are, or honest, or hardworking, or kind--virtues that are
important.  Fortunately, God knows our hearts and judges by faith
and character.  So, we must learn to get to know people before
we judge them.

MEDITATIO:

I spend hours fixing my hair and putting makeup on, doing my nails, and 
picking out clothes.  I hope I spend more time in fixing my attitude and
getting right with God.  At the end of life, God will look at my inside, not the
outside.

ORATIO:

You are the One Who gives grace.  I ask for the grace to be all You want
me to be.  I want to do Your Will.

CONTEMPLATIO:

Thy Will be done.

RESOLUTIO:

When I get ready in the morning, I need to set aside time to connect with
the Lord.  My attention to my attitude is more important than make-up.



No comments:

Simple Explanation of the Mass

 Everything you ever wanted to learn about the Catholic Mass is explained by Mike Aquilina's Understanding the Mass .  This little book,...