Search This Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Oh Deer!

 This morning I went to Mass at Fatima Shrine.  I was extremely early, so I walked over to visit Father Aniello Salicone's grave.  There is still no grave marker on it.  As I prayed I noticed people walking by, just beyond the trees.  I wondered if that was the Upper Charles Rail Trail.  I saw a path going through the trees and as I walked over to investigate, in the periphery of my eyes I spotted movement.

It was a mother and baby deer.  The mother was huge.  Taller than I am.  The baby must have been a newborn.  It was about a foot tall and skinny, skinny.  It looked like it was nursing.  I was trying to stand very still, as I took my cell phone out of my purse, to take a picture.  The mother deer leapt into the woods-gone from sight.  The baby wobbled a second then collapsed.  I watched the baby struggle to stand and then it very wobbly walked towards me.  I tried to take a picture but its colouring blended in the background, besides it was very shady. IOW, I couldn't get a picture.  It kept coming closer and I started walking backwards.  I didn't want its mother to reject it because of human smell or something, but then it turned and wobbled into the woods, out of sight.

I didn't hear anything, but I hope the baby did and found its way to its mother.

What a blessing to experience that!

Thank you Father Aniello!


No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...