Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2020

Lowell's Braided Knotsox

 



Today was just one blessing after another.  First, I had a wonderful walk with my two friends, Lillie and Joan.  We walked the Franklin, MA, SNETT Trail.  We walked a couple of miles and had a good time.

When I arrived home, there was a package waiting for me.  It was from an old friend, that used to belong to my hikers' group, Lowell Whitlock.  He sent me the above Dominican Cross. It was such a surprise that I'm still marveling over it.  I haven't seen Lowell for a few years.  He was in my Spanish class and cribbage class, at the Senior Center.  Then he moved to Texas--never to be seen or heard from, again.  So I thought, until this morning.  

Isn't it a godsend to hear from old friends?

My son came for lunch, carrying a Christmas kissing ball.  It smells wonderful. 


He said it was for my birthday since what he ordered was back-ordered.  But guess what, as we were eating, the package arrived.  It was a box of specialty cookies.  One more surprise: he volunteered to wash my kitchen garden window.  It hasn't been washed in about 2-3 years because it's too hard to get to.  It's right above the bulk-head.

What a day of surprises!  My favorites are the window washing and my Dominican cross.  

God is good.

All the time.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...