Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Time Is Finally On Our Side

One advantage of the self-quarantine people are asked to do during this COVID-19 pandemic is time to do what we never had the time before to do.  Of course, now that we have the time to do what we put off doing, we find out that that was just an excuse.  I'm still not doing it.

All kidding aside, time is on our side, now.  In Bishop Robert Baron's YouTube on the quarantine he talks about this.  He refers to Blaise Pascal's complaint that people don't have the ability to be alone--to be silent.  The good bishop waxes poetic about it.  His suggestions range from reading to praying.

But I would like to offer my own suggestion--write letters.  Since I can't be with my granddaughters, whom I used to see almost every day, I write to them.  But also, I am writing to old friends.  I'm sending Easter wishes to those who live alone.  Letter writing is a lost art.  I prefer to text or email.  But now I look for nice stationery or a "thinking of you card" and compose a few thoughts. I'm hoping people will appreciate my efforts.


No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...