Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2020

Beautiful...But.


I watched the pope give his unprecedented ubi and orbi blessing today.  The world is in the midst of a pandemic, COVID 19.  It was beautiful.  So beautiful.

But.

I am happy I didn't tell my kids about it.  They would have been turned off because they wouldn't have understood what was going on.  My criticism is that the commentary wasn't explanatory.  This was for the world, meaning non Catholics.  They would have seen worshipping pictures, statues of the cross, what is Adoration?

If Catholics don't want the explanation (and I bet there's much for them to learn too) they can turn the sound down or off.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...