Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Kids Would Harass Him

Archbishop Joseph F. Naumann, who heads the Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kan., is seen in this Aug. 31, 2015, photo. The archbishop also is chairman of the U.S. bishops' Committee on Pro-Life Activities. (CNS photo/Lori Wood Habiger, The Leaven)
St. Ann's parochial school in Prairie Village, Kansas refused admittance to a child of the same sex couple.  As expected in this present culture of promoting the same sexuality, a public uproar arose against the Catholic Church.

You have to laugh because it's a knee-jerk reaction to anything the Church does.  People don't think; they react.  Think about it.

Why would you send your child to a school that is going to teach your child that the relationship God created for a family is a bond created by a man and a woman?  This is sacred.  What would go through the child's mind?

And even if the teachers shied away from teaching Genesis and other scripture references that refer to the bond between men and women, out of predictable controversy with same-sex parents, I think the kids would know about the issue.  Children can be cruel.  Why would parents even take the chance of subjecting their child to ridicule?

Kansas Archbishop Naumann's response in the Pilot is excellent.




1 comment:

Alberto Antonio, O.P. said...

When I was little, I wanted to live with the monkeys in the Bronx Zoo. I asked my mom and she said it wasn't allowed. I would have been perfectly content living in the monkey house. I should complain. My mom showed very little compassion for my feelings.

Then, when I was older, I wasn't allowed to go to Bishop Kearney High School because it was an all-girl school. Again, my mother showed little concern for my desire to be close to Michelle and Theresa.

So insensitive.

In high school, I wanted to play baseball with the Swim Team. Again, they had some stupid rule about baseball was only for the baseball team, not the swim team.

People are irrational.



Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...