Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2019

Give and Take

This morning I was listening to someone's list of what to give up for Lent and I realized that I was giving up only one thing.  I'm giving up cream and sugar in my coffee. It's a real sacrifice.  I hate doing this.  I've been doing it every Lent for over ten years and I still hate it.  Although I don't hate it as much as when I first started it because I can drink black coffee and keep it down without vomiting. But I certainly count the days until Sunday, where I can drink my regular coffee. I savor that coffee. 

Adding is more than subtracting.  I'm reading three spiritual books to deepen my spiritual level.  Two I chose and one that kept calling my name.

I'm restarting my monthly confessions on the 13th of every month.  I'm going to Stations of the Cross on Fridays.  And finally, I'm going to pray for people who I find difficult, every day during Lent.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...