Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Resolutio

O.K.  I've been convinced.  I'm adding one more step to my Lectio Divina.  It is the last step, resolutio. Resolutio is putting love into action.  It is a conscious step to do something positive.  Dr. Tim Gray's video on Lectio from the Augustine Institute convinced me.  Dr. Gray tells the story of Saint Therese Lisieux's resolutio.  She decided to smile at this particular nun who grated on her nerves.  Therese was so nice to her that when Therese died, that nun considered that she was Therese's best friend, when the opposite was true.

Henceforth, my practice will be:

Lectio:
Studium:
Meditatio:
Oratio:
Contemplatio:
Resolutio:

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...