Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2019

A Manipulative Female

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn has 560 pages.  I was on page 374 when I realized that I'd read this book before.

I recognized an incident but that's all.  I couldn't remember what happened or how the book ended, so I continued reading.

The story kept me up at night.  The main character, Amy, was manipulative.  She was unbelievably manipulative.  Nick is her husband.  As his lawyer once said, "You two are the most f#**ed up people I have ever met and my job is working with f#**ed up people!"

Amy meticulously faked her death to get her husband arrested and sent to prison to be executed.  For years she saved money to make her getaway good.  Unexpectedly, her money was stolen while she was on the run.  She couldn't very well call the police now, could she?  That's when I realized that I had read this book, before.  But I didn't remember how she got out of the situation.  So I read on.

She reconnected with a rich, former boyfriend.  She kills him and frames him with the crime of kidnapping her and goes back to her husband, Nick.

Nick wasn't all that forgiving until she becomes pregnant. That changed everything.  That's how the book ends.

At first, I didn't like the ending but after a few days,
I couldn't think of any other way to end it. What a book!

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...