Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Dominican Chaplet

Traditionally, on the old calendar, today, August 4th, is the Feast of St. Dominic.  Now, however, we celebrate St. Dominic's Feast on August 8th.

One time, when I was a Postulant, I came across a book of chaplets.  Inside was a Dominican Chaplet.  I have never been able to find out any information regarding its origin, or even where to purchase one.  In fact, no one seems to know anything about it.  I even wrote to the book's publisher, and received no response.  Hence, I concluded that the authors made this chaplet up.

Even so, I like it.  The accompanying picture of chaplets, on the left, obviously are not to what I'm referring.  The Dominican Chaplet consists of 15 beads:

A Crucifix, then one white bead for the intentions of the Holy Father.  Then a scapular medallion, followed by:

5 blue beads for the Joys of Jesus and Mary,

5 black beads for the Sorrows of Jesus and Mary,

5 gold beads for the Glories of Jesus and Mary,

then you'll be back to the white bead.  This time say a prayer for the intentions of the Master General.

Amen

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...