Search This Blog
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
First Confession
My parish today held First Confessions for the children preparing to make their First Communion. Father Peter was telling us all the jokes about cute things kids think and say. Most of them, I've heard before, but not this one.
For a penance a little girl was given two Hail Marys to pray. Immediately the girl whimpered and then burst into tears. "What's the matter, honey?" The Confessor asked. "But..." The little girl sobbed. "But, I only know one Hail Mary."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not for Monkey Brains
How many times have I attempted to read The Cloud of Unknowing? Once, T wice ? I guess three times is a Trinity! I finished it. Once I ...
-
St Dominic and the Devil by Pietro della Vecchia D Don't you just love legends? I mean stories. St. Dominic stories abound. Of cou...
-
Yesterday, I posted about a sculpture on the top of a column in the church of St. Mary Magdalen , in Vezelay, France . Meditating upon the...
-
My Lay Dominican Chapter, Our Lady of Mercy, has the best spiritual director. Today he gave us, what my "cloistered brothers" ca...

No comments:
Post a Comment