Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Impossible Pie


This weekend's bulletin at St. Mary's had a new addition. On the bottom of page 4 was a recipe called Impossible Pie. Intriguing huh? I've never seen a recipe in a bulletin, before. And what's impossible about it?

Well, since I had all the ingredients (including the coconut!)I made it:
Impossible Pie
4 eggs.........1/4 c. margarine
2 c. cold milk.......1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. sugar.........1 c. coconut
12 c. flour

Look at the flour. 12 cups! Nah, that can't be right. The recipe said it was by JoAnn Larsen and it is in St. Rocco's Cookbook. Well, I don't know JoAnn, but I do happen to own a St. Rocco's Cookbook. (St. Mary's celebrate the feast of St. Rocco with a big 4 day festival.)I looked it up.

The 12 cups was an error. A big one! It should have read 1/2 c. Big diff!

It was delicious. And I guess the impossible is doing it with 12 cups?

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...