Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Lessons in Swimming Lessons

My youngest grandchild is 20 months.  I take her to swimming lessons.  Adults are in the water with their little ones.  Today was the first session.  While paddling around teaching my little one to reach and scoop with her hands, I overheard a dad coaxing his daughter.  She was frightened and didn't want to take her hands off him.  She had him in a choke hold.

"Let go."

"NO, no, no..."

Then the dad said something that caught my attention and made me smile.

"I will never let go of you.  You will let go of me, but I will never let go of you."

Isn't this exactly like our relationship with God?
 He never lets go of us.  It's we who let go of Him.

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...