Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2016

9:00 News


Paddy and an Englishman were sitting in a Boston bar watching the 9:00 news.  There was an announcement that a man was going to jump off the Zakim bridge.  Paddy said, "$ 20 the man will jump."  The Englishman said, "You're on."  Both men put $ 20 on the bar.

Paddy and the Englishman watched the news and saw that the poor man did jump off the Zakim bridge. The Englishman said, "Well, you won."

Paddy looked at the money and thought. "No, I can't take it.  I saw the 6:00 o'clock news and saw that he jumped."  The Englishman said, "Actually, I saw the 6:00 news too.  I didn't think he'd jump again!"

Paddy took his money.

No comments:

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...