Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2014

I Think It's The Mouth

Faces intrigue me. And I don't mean Hollywood faces. Hollywood's idea of beauty is laughable.  Hollywood worships youth and bling.  Get a face lift and wear bling and you're beautiful.

What I think of beauty is the aura a person exudes.  It's the way they carry themselves.  And, strange as it may sound, and this is my personal gauge--how they hold their lips.

I know.  I know.  The eyes are the mirror to the soul.  I haven't found that to be true.  Unless eyes have tears, I can't tell whether they're happy or sad.  Nevermind, whether they're kind, or lying.

But the lips change shape according to the meaning they want to convey.  Lips tighten to small when the person feels mean or doesn't agree with you.  Lips open when laughing.  Lips turn down when the person is sad.  Lips are soft when relaxed.
Portrait obtained from Wikipoedia Creative Commons by
Robert Perez Palou

The next time you want to see if someone is mad at you, don't look at their eyes.  You won't see anything, but look at their lips.  If they're angry their lips will tighten.

If you looked at this picture of Mother Teresa and put your hand over the lower part of her face, you'd think her eyes would tell you she was angry.  They're small.  Now look at Mother's mouth.  She naturally has thin lips but here her lips are as soft as her lips can be.  The lips are open and turned up.

I think she's beautiful.  

1 comment:

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Mother Teresa is beautiful. I don't see anger in her eyes at all when I cover up the lower part of her face. I see laugh lines around the eyes and relaxed muscles. But it's true that the mouth gives us cues as to a person's inner heart where true beauty shines forth.

Black Masking Indians

 The church, St. Augustine, is the oldest Black Catholic parish in the United States, located in Treme, Louisianna.  Tremé is the oldest Afr...