Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The New Translation

I heard it!  I read!  I prayed it!  I was visiting my "cloistered brothers," Agustin and Francisco, in Trenton, NJ, these past few days.  I also gave a talk on Pere Marie Jean-Joseph Lataste, O.P. to the Lay Dominican Chapter, Sacred Heart, in Rahway, NJ.  And lastly, of the utmost importance, I was talking business, and visiting  Omega.

Omega took me to her parish church, for daily Mass.  Nativity of Our Lord Parish, in Monroe Township, NJ, is a nice new parish.  It has a nativity scene set up outside, permanently.  Omega said at Christmas time the church really goes all out.  It must be something to see.

I was surprised to see that the parish is using the New Translation.  Omega said that they were starting now so when the rest of the country starts in Advent, the Nativity of Our Lord Parish will be all ready.  There were colorful cards in the pews with the new prayers.  They're not all that different.

In fact, I don't think we people skipped a beat.  The priest messed up once or twice.  That's OK; we're Christians and forgive him ;-)

BTW, I liked it.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its very good that paish used the New Translation.

London translation

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...