Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Aren't All Religions the Same?

Isn't one religion as good as another?  This past Labor Day provided some good quality family time.  As usual, certain family members bring up religion.  It use to bother me that people associated me with the Catholic Church, but not only have I become accustomed to it, but I'm rather proud of it.  I guess I give good witness.

But in discussing the topic of religions all being the same, I became aware of how smug I am in my Catholicism.  I have to watch myself that I don't come off sounding superior.  It's just that I am very certain that I belong to the only Church that Christ founded.  He is truly present in the Holy Eucharist.  It's just so obvious to me that I find it incredulous that not everyone sees that.

Jesus started the Catholic Church: (Matt: 16: 18-19), (Luke 10:16), (John 14: 16, 26), and (1Tim 3:15)

Who would dare tell Jesus that the Eucharist is not His Body and His Blood, when He said it was?  (1 Cor. 11:23-26)

I am satisfied and confident that all religions are not the same.  I am secure in the knowledge that I am on the way towards salvation.  For anyone to say that one religion is as good as another hasn't studied history, never mind religion.  We're all different, and to Catholics, that makes all the difference in the world.


No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...