Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Do As He Says


LECTIO:
LV 19:1-2, 17-18

The LORD said to Moses,
“Speak to the whole Israelite community and tell them:
Be holy, for I, the LORD, your God, am holy.
“You shall not bear hatred for your brother or sister in your heart.
Though you may have to reprove your fellow citizen,
do not incur sin because of him.
Take no revenge and cherish no grudge against any of your people.
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
I am the LORD.”
STUDIUM:
"The LORD said to Moses" is eyeopening.  God, Himself spoke.  The capitalization is copied from the scripture. God is telling us what to do.  You are to make yourself holy because He is holy. "Be holy, for I, the LORD, your God, am holy."  God wants us to be like Him.  God is giving us some guides.  And they involve "love."
MEDITATIO:
Verses 17-18 is difficult.  We are told not to harbor grudges.  That's hard when you're Irish.  Did you know that Purgatory is a special place for the Irish?  It seems that we hold grudges longer than most.
   Do you think I'm just making up excuses?  Maybe.  Leviticus helps with the instructions that we may reprove.  So it's okay to tell people off.  But not plot revenge.  That we will leave to God.
ORATIO:
Lord, help me reproach with love.  Don't let me habor hate like a cancer in my heart.  After all, I strive to be holy as You are.
CONTEMPLATIO:
Thank you, Jesus, for loving me.  Help me to love You and love others as You love them.  (Father Aniello's prayer)
RESOLUTIO:
In my nightly Examen, I will pay close attention to how people made me feel.  I will make a concerted effort, not to habor hate.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...