Search This Blog

Thursday, August 29, 2019

So What?

It's a  struggle to get the kids out to school in the morning.  But I've been there before and these children are my grandchildren.  It's the same job but without the demanding angst.

So what if one of them doesn't eat any breakfast?  She's not going to starve.
So what if the youngest insisted that she did brush her witch's hair?  Let her go to school like that and suffer the consequential comments.
So what if the temperature is in the 60's and the oldest walks out without a jacket?  It's only 7:00 AM and it'll warm up later.

Why was it so important to me the first time around to force them to obey?  I remember too many times my children left for school in tears.  This time it's important to have no tears.  They grow up regardless.  Parents grow up too.

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...