Search This Blog

Monday, December 4, 2017

The Christmas Sweater

https://www.uglychristmassweaterparty.com/

Back when I was first made, I was quite the catch.  My brother and sister sweaters were not snatched up as quickly as I.

I was beautiful.

My holly berry red was brilliant.  My accouterments were a wonder to behold.  I was decked out with santas, sparkles, stars, ribbons, angels, and bells that tingled and tassels that begged to be yanked.  And they were too!  Although that was always a surprise!  Strangers would come up very close to me and pull on my tassels and ping my bells.  At first, I was taken aback by this sudden invasion of my personal space, but I understood.  Who could resist the allure of my Christmas spirit?

Every year I was worn for the Christmas season.  I didn’t mind only being worn for such a short time because the happy feelings were kept within me.  I basked in that Christmas warmth for the rest of the year.

This December, when my bureau drawer was open, the conversation was lively:

Mom, have you any Christmas sweaters?
Oh yes, and turtlenecks and tunics and cardigans and pullovers…
Wow! Look at this sweater.  It even has shoulder pads!
Yes, that one is my favorite, too!  Isn’t it beautiful?

I practically visibly wiggled with delight, as I was held up for display.

May I borrow it?
Of course.
It’s just perfect for the contest we’re having at work.
A Christmas sweater contest?
Yes, who has the ugliest Christmas sweater.  This one will win for sure!


What! ????
Surely they jest!
Moi?  Ugly?
Young people nowadays have no taste, whatsoever.  Tsk.  Tsk.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...