Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Blessed??????

Gabriel words to Mary about God choosing her, have always made me "gulp." Part of me says, "Thank God, I wasn't chosen. Who'd want to see their child tortured to death before their eyes." (OK, a big part of me, thinks like that.) (I'm not a saint, yet.) (Working on it)


I understand that Jesus redeemed us through His suffering and death. But why He'd bother with such ingrates as us, is beyond me (literally). (I'm not a saint, yet.) (Working on it)

Thinking deeper (Working on it), the point is "trust." Mary trusted God and said "Thy will be done." But it is more amazing to me,(I'm not a saint, yet.) (Working on it) that she trusted God through Jesus' Passion and Crucifixion.

I wish Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John, would have written about what Mary's thoughts were. Of course, it's not about Mary. Still, she could have questioned how blessed she was to witness her Son's dying.

(I'm not a saint, yet.) (Working on it) Maybe, she focused on our redemption. Maybe, she understood Jesus' teachings and knew and understood the purpose of the Crucifixion.

I'm the one that questions being "blessed" to be the Mother of God. Mary never questioned; she trusted God. (I'm not a saint, yet.) (Working on it) I need to work on trusting God to become a saint. I get it.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...