Search This Blog

Thursday, September 18, 2014

The More You Give, The More You Get

from M.K.  Pencil in the Hole
Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of Hosts, heaven and earth are full of Your glory.  (This ejaculatory prayer is known as the Angelic Praise of the Most Sacred Trinity.)

More and more I see and understand that the more we people praise the Lord, the more we are aware of God's abiding presence.  And that causes us to praise Him more!

Besides, I myself feel my negative, sarcastic, and cynical self melt away.  It's like all negative thoughts drop the closer I become to God.

And it feels great!

I praise You Jesus for the grace of knowing You and for the anointing of the Holy Spirit that You have given me.  I praise You for giving me the spirit eyes to see Your presence in my life.  I praise You for You.  Thank You Jesus for loving me.

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...