Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

Pranking Grandma



I felt a tap on my right shoulder.

But when I looked over that shoulder, there was no one there.  Then I heard a giggle—a little girl’s giggle.  

And I knew that my four year old granddaughter was playing tricks on her grandmother.
I didn’t let on.

She someone tapped my right shoulder again.

Of course when I looked over my right shoulder there was no one, but this time I said, “Hmph!”

But I was prepared for the next time.  When I felt that little tap, I quickly grabbed those little fingers poised above my right shoulder.

“Got you, you little monkey, trying to fool your grandmother.”
She giggled and giggled.

“Do you know what happens to little girls who prank their grandmothers?”
No answer but a giggle.

“You have to help grandma make cookies and tap a thumb print in the middle of the cookies.”
And that’s how Thumb Print Cookies came to be.

Thumb Print Cookies

Ingredients:                                                                                         Directions:
·         3/4 cup butter, softened                                                     Preheat oven to 375 F
·         1/2 cup white sugar                                                             Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks.  Pour flour in bit by bit.
·         2 egg yolks                                                                           Take some dough and roll it into small balls.

·         1 3/4 cups flour                                                                    Put them on a cookie sheet.  Tap a thumbprint into the center. 

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...