Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Necessary Tattoo


I was telling my Bible sharing group about hubby's Atrial Fibrillation.  I also told them that while he was in the Emergency Room, I heard the same question asked of each and every patient.  "Do you have any religious or cultural customs, we need to know about?"  

So as Catholics, we should respond, "Yes, I'm Catholic, I'd like to see a priest for the Anointing of the Sick." Every time you are going to be given anesthesia, you should be given this sacrament. 

We were wondering how we would convey that message if we were unable to speak.  Then we came upon the perfect solution.  We should have tattoo on our chests, "Call a Priest."  The tattoo should be placed above our hearts because the hospital personnel always place the stethoscope or electrodes around the heart.  For sure, they would see the tattoo and get the message.

Praying from the Heart

 The book I chose for my Lenten reading was Inner Life A Fellow Traveler's Guide to Prayer, by David Torkington.  I finished it this Sun...