Search This Blog

Saturday, September 9, 2023

From Pity Party to Celebration

 Is it because I'm old?  What do you think?  I went to a friend's funeral yesterday.  Before I left the house to go to the funeral Mass, I took a small package of tissues.  I always cry at funerals, even strangers'.  I often attend Mass and sometimes the Mass is a funeral Mass.

My friend was 96 years old and we were friends for over 20 years.  For some reason, I didn't shed a tear.  In fact, the opposite happened.  I was happy.  My interior disposition was celebratory.  I found myself praying "Hurrah, you made it.  I'll see you soon.  Say hello to our friends."  

I can't wait to see my parents and siblings and friends.  Alleluia!  Praise be to God.

God is good.



No comments:

The Last Believers

  The Women by Kristin Hannah is a wonderful story about a woman’s experience working as a nurse during the Vietnam War. It’s heart wrenchi...