Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

No Christmas in Schools

If I could remember the details I'd write a letter of complaint to the school committee.  I went to my grandchildren's winter concert and was surprised and dismayed to hear no Christmas carols.  I think they were trying to be politically correct.  But! c'mon!  Being politically correct doesn't mean ignoring Western Civilization.

 Instead of doing nothing, I would have done everything, i.e., Hava Nagilla and appropriate Hannacha songs, and Eid al-Fitr, for Muslims and Diwali, for Hindus.  I would have asked for parental input for other ethnic and/or religious songs. 

What a social studies opportunity! 

So, it's up to us babushkas to teach our grandchildren our history, language, customs, traditions and religions because our public schools won't teach them what we value. 

It's sad.

No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...