Search This Blog

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Irreverent, funny, or just Stupid?

My four-year-old granddaughter gave me a "Dancing with Jesus" figurine.  See it bends in the middle; there's a spring separating the top from the bottom.



I was appalled!  But she is only four years old and didn't buy it to mock Jesus or trivialize Him in any way.  She bought her grandmother a figurine of her hero.  In fact, she asked me a question when I opened it that led me to think that her parents tried to discourage her from purchasing it and presenting it to me as a gift.  She said, "You like Him, right?"
So she must have insisted on getting "Dancing with Jesus" because Grandma loves Him.

The figurine is irreverent and stupid, but the thought behind purchasing it as a present is a beautiful gift.  

No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...