Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2018

Chinese Christmas




This fun poster making the rounds on Facebook is truer than you think.  My family hardly ever eats at a Chinese restaurant, except for Christmas Eve.  It's a tradition that my son-in-law buys Chinese food for the family, who have gathered at his home on Christmas Eve.  It's his treat; his Christmas present to us all.

Another memory is of our first Christmas together.  The first year of our marriage the families were vying over who should have the newlyweds over for the celebrations of Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Hubby and I decided we'd go to one side of the family for Thanksgiving and the other side for Christmas.  

So I went to my family's for Thanksgiving.  Then we waited to be invited to hubby's side.  We waited.  We waited.  No one invited us.  Later, we learned that they assumed that we went to my family's again.

Anyway, we thought hubby's side of the family were miffed because we went to my family's for Thanksgiving.  Oh well.  We decided we'd celebrate Christmas by eating at a restaurant. The problem is, the restaurants were closed.  The only restaurants opened were Chinese.  We had no choice.

Let me tell you, however, we had a wonderful time.  The Chinese restaurant rocked!  The mood was celebratory.  We partied with the Chinese, Jews, and lonely Christians--God's people.  May God bless them all.


No comments:

Shepherd One

 Whenever the pope flies anywhere, you will see that the plane is called Shepherd One.  Even so, the Vatican doesn't own any planes.  Th...