Search This Blog

Monday, November 4, 2013

Invitation to Climb Up With Zacchaeus

Father Michael Sheehan, FPO celebrated Mass.  His homily concerned the vanity of the riches Zacchaeuss once held.  But something else, gave me food for thought.  Father Sheehan said that we were up that sycamore tree with Zacchaeuss.  We want to see Jesus.  We don't won't to miss Him.  We want to get as close as we can.  We even call our relatives and friends, "Come See."

Yes, I do call my relatives and friends to Jesus, and they don't come.  They don't climb the tree.

So I sit in the tree to see Jesus.  I see Him, and then a parade of duck boats carrying the World Series Red Sox comes into view, and I'm distracted.

Yes, distractions draw me away from Jesus.

I guess I had better get down and do what I have to do to get as close to Jesus as I can.  

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...